At medsurg.com.au, we are dedicated to keeping your details private. The information we collect is kept strictly secure. We do not pass on/sell/swap any of your personal details with anyone. We use this information to identify your orders, provide you with our monthly newsletter and to personalize your shopping experience with us.
Cookies also allow us to give you a more personalized shopping experience by displaying products that interest you throughout our product pages, thus providing you with a more friendly, interesting and enjoyable shopping experience.
Whenever you use our web site, or any other web site, the computer on which the web pages are stored needs to know the network address of your computer so that it can send the requested web pages to your Internet browser. The unique network address of your computer is called its "IP address," and is sent automatically each time you access any Internet site.
From a computer's IP address, it is possible to determine the general geographic location of that computer, but otherwise it is anonymous. We do not keep a record of the IP addresses from which users access our site except where you have specifically provided us with information about yourself, in which case we also record your IP address for security purposes.
An example of this would be when proceeding to a checkout to finalize an order. After completing the form provided, your IP address will be stored along with a transaction number that allows us to track your order.
In order for us to fulfill an order you may place via our website, it is necessary for us to collect certain information from you. The type of customer information we ask for includes name and address for billing and delivery purposes, day phone number, email address, and product preferences.
We have voluntarily committed to complying with Australian Privacy and Personal Information Protection Acts. This commitment has been made by us to protect the privacy of its customers.
It is our policy NOT to share any of the information you give us with any 3rd party
- The only time information may be shared is for security and verification purposes which also ensure your safety as a consumer.
- Information you give us may be used by us for any up-coming promotional offers. Please let us know if you do NOT want us to include you.
- We take seriously the issue of our customer's privacy, and have taken the appropriate measures to ensure with confidence that any information given to us by our customers is protected. We recognize the sensitivity of your personal information and will never share your details with any other organization.
We are required by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) to comply with the thirteen Australian Privacy Principles subject to other provisions of the Act. For the purposes of this policy “Personal Information” means information from which your identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained.
COLLECTION OF YOU PERSONAL INFORMATION
- When you complete an account form to open a trading account with us.
- When you provide us with your contact details at a conference or trade show.
- When you participate in promotional activity we have from time to time.
- When we need to collect information to determine your credit history when opening a trading account. The permission to collect this information is given by you when completing an account application form.
THE KINDS OF INFORMATION HELD AND HOW IT IS STORED
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
- To determine your creditworthiness as a potential customer
- To allow us to better service your needs as a customer by following your requests regarding products and when it comes to delivery of items ordered by you.
- To help us to ensure that the products we sell are the best suited to the type of business /practice you run
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you wish to have the information amended because it is out of date or incorrect or if you wish to have your personal information deleted from our database please email us or write to us at the above address.
We will not remove or amend any information without first satisfying ourselves that the request is being made by a person or entity that is entitled and authorized to make such a request. We will not change any information unless it results in the information being more accurate. If we do not consider it to be so we will advise you of the reasons why. In order for us to properly identify you all requests must be in writing and verbal requests will not be accepted at all.
We will deal with your complaint within the guidelines of the Act and if you are still not satisfied the Office of the Australian Information commissioner at http://www.oaic.gov.au is where you can get further information.
INFORMATION LIKELY TO GO OVERSEAS
From time to time we are involved in the trials of new products and the data collected from these trials may be transferred overseas with or without our knowledge. In every case we will comply with the Privacy
Act and follow the established guidelines as set down by the accepted medical standards to ensure the privacy of all patients involved in the trial.
Information from these trials would normally be transferred to the manufacturer of the product who may be in any country in the world. We will not release information unless we have first satisfied ourselves that the overseas recipient will comply with the Privacy Act.
DIRECT MARKETING MATERIAL
The information contained in this communication is intended solely for the use of the intended recipients only. It may contain confidential or legally privileged information. To the extent that this email or any attachments are the subject of legal professional privilege, that legal professional privilege is not waived by the inadvertent receipt of this email by an unintended party. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this material is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system. Medical and Surgical Requisites Pty Ltd (ABN 70-009-659-394) is not liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt.